(Bloomington, IN, USA)
I decided to buy the Asus G73JH Laptop about 2 months ago because I want the Gaming Laptop with best ATI graphic card in town. Asus G73JH meet nearly all of my requirements and so far, I am very satisfied with the decision.
My ASUS G73JH laptop is equipped with the latest and greatest of hardware available with the following specifications:
- Intel core i7 720QM CPU (1.6GHz/2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB L3 cache),
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit,
- 8GB of DDR3 Ram,
- 17.3-inch 1920x1080 FullHD LED-backlit LCD,
- Ati Mobility HD5870 with 1GB DDR5 graphic card,
- 2x320GB 7200rpm hard drives,
- 8X DVD Super Multi drive,
- 802.11n Wireless LAN adapter,
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- 8-cell battery pack (14.8V, 5200mAh, 75Wh)
- Weight: 8.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 16.3” (W) x 12.6” (D) x 1.8” (H)
although it lack USB 3.0 and e-SATA ports.
The things that I like are:-
- the sleek and strong “stealth” design,
- the TOP video performance and speed of computation compare to all current laptops in this price range,
- quiet and cool operation,
- good keyboard tactile feeling,
- surprisingly loud and excellent sound from two stereo speakers and a small subwoofer.
The things that I dislike are:-
- the touchpad, I disable it for get rid of annoying when typing keyboard and use an external USB mouse instead.
- the rather shot battery life for 1-2 hour of net surfing.
- the bulky and heavy if you have to carry it around.
This Asus laptop comes with 2-year of international warranty (one year on battery pack) which can be availed at different service centers of Asustek all over the world with one year of Asus Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW) in USA,
Overall, I would recommend this laptop to a friend if he wanted the best gaming laptop or desktop replacement for this price range and I will buy from Asus again (hope it won't come so soon).