Acer travelmate 4152NLCI
by Kavitha K
1. Why did you decide on this laptop over the others?
I bought this laptop, when I was a student back in 2005. I decided on this, because my friend was using a Acer laptop for about an year she was happy with that performance. And also ACER india gave a better price than others.
2. What specs (memory, hard drive, etc.) did your laptop come with, if known?
It came with a 256MB RAM ( i added another 512MB), 60GB HDD (I think its a toshiba make)
3. What are the best and worst things about your laptop?
Best: I love this machine, because its my first laptop.
Good battery life for past 5 years, decent performance even if I run heavy applications. Decent design, in terms of look. Doesn't get heated up like other brands which I have used.
WORST: Very poor mechanical design of the screen hinges, it broke twice (it irritates me a lot, I really want to see the engineering team, which approved this design). Poor service network, expensive spares, wait time to get a spare is unimaginable
4. How would you rate your laptop's speed and performance?
6 / 10 - in todays standard
8 / 10 - back in 2005
5. Would you recommend this laptop to a friend? Will you buy from Acer again?
I recommended earlier, but I stopped doing it when my laptop's hinge broke for the second time. I might buy from Acer, provided they have rugged physical design coupled with high performance.