Dell Latitude D430
by Selim Ok
- Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo U7600 Processor (1,2 GHz, 2 MB L2-Cache, 533-MHz-FSB)
- Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (up to 224 MB shared memory)
- 12,1" WXGA Display (Resolution: 1280 x 800)
- Broadcom Corporation BCM94311MCG Wlan mini-PCI (rev 01) wireless card
- Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 02) Ethernet card
- Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 01) sound card
- 60 GB P-ATA hard drive
- 2 GB 533 MHz DDR Memory
- Extern DVD-RW Combo
- Connection Points: 1x Firewire (IEEE 1394) / 3x USB 2.0 / 1x VGA Display
General Pros / Cons :
Best thing on this notebook is that it's very lightweight ca. 1.5Kg. It's keyboard is big enough to use at daily work comfortably. It has 2 built-in pointing devices; a touch pad and a blue track stick, both are very useful.
There is a very small speaker on the left side upon the keyboard and it is not capable to generate good sound. The worst thing is it's display. The display can't represent true colors, especially the contrast of colors lacks. The battery duration is satisfactory between 2 and 3,5 hours, depending on the energy saving mode.
Even though it has an energy saver CPU, it's very powerful. Compared to my desktop pc, which has an 3.0 GHz dual core Pentium processor, the Dell Latitude D430 does the job faster. I guess GHz's isn't a trustworthy indicator of performance.
This laptop is the best I have ever had thus far. The service is also very good and quick by warranty standards. I recommend it to anyone who wants a quick and lightweight notebook.